Week Eight - August 17-21 Final
- DUE August 20 at 4pm, Room 3156: Portfolio Final
- Email me your redo grade option by the end of today's class
Tuesday, August 18
- NOTE the room change for the final. NO Late final project - I am grading THURSDAY after class. No-shows lose presentation points.
- In-class interviewing
- Pick a partner, review each other's resume, and do an interview q&a with each other
- If this doesn't work I'll throw out questions to the class
- I'll walk around and interview folks too.
- Download for your info: 300 Interview Questions
Interviewer is a hiring manager who needs to fill a full-time position for an IT team. The position is a hybrid of web production and development. The employer has a Microsoft focus - in programs, development, etc.
Questions to be considered:
- What are your 3 strongest skills?
- Do you prefer working with a team or alone?
- How have you-handled criticism of your work?
- How have you prioritized or juggled your workload in your current job?
- Tell me about a situation that frustrated you at work.
- Tell me about your least-favorite manager or professor.
- Tell me about a major accomplishment.
- Tell me about a time you saved money for employer or an organization.
- Why is this job right for you at this time in your career?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What religion do you practice?
- Describe your ideal job.
- Why do you want to work here?
- What would your friends tell me about you?
- How do you usually go about solving a problem?
- What sets you apart from the crowd?
- How much were you absent from your last job?
- What skills do you offer that are most relevant to this job (a team-oriented IT production department)
- What’s your most productive or ideal work setting?
- If you got on an elevator where everyone was facing the back, what would you do?
- What would your last supervisor say about your initiative?
- Describe a time when you were confronted with a conflict at work and how you resolved it.
- What would your instructors tell me about your attention to detail?
- How do your manage your time on a typical day?
- Is there anything else you would like to add before we wrap up?
Thursday, August 20
- Final Presentations, 4pm Room 3156.