Summer Quarter 2009 has ended, all grades have been turned in, and L.J. Bothell is out until the beginning of Fall Quarter. Happy vacation!
LJ's 4 Basic Class Rules:
- Have fun
- All phones, pagers, buzzers, music, tones, etc. OFF
- Don't sweat it
- See Rule #1
Here are our priorities:
- Produce an industry-oriented portfolio
- Revise and/or create an industry-oriented resume
- Revise and/or create effectively written cover letters
- Create a reserve of online job-related resources
- Learn to network with local industry professionals
- Refine and practice interviewing strategies
- Develop on online profile that supports continuous career growth
At this point, we'll be an assignment/task-based class only.
In most cases I'll chat and demo stuff at the beginning of class, set up assignment goals, and see if we can tuck in at least a few minutes per class for working/questions.
I'll make sure we all have the basics and are on the same page as we go. I will also will spend a little time in setting up each assignment, with
- The objectives,
- Tips and tricks
- How the assignment fits in the real world, and
- How to approach it