Office: BE3175c, no phone
Hours: Appointment only
WEB170: Web Animation Using Flash
Howdy. I have updated all the grading except the final, which I will do Thursday night/Friday morning. The extra credit is now closed.
Our final presentation is set for Thursday, August 19, same Bat time, same Bat place. You need your final work to be uploaded before the class.
LJ's Basic Class Rules:
Tuesdays/Thursdays in room BE3184 from 7:25-9:10pm. Attendance mandatory.
Here are our priorities:
- Understand and use the 2-D animation software Flash CS4
- Create 2-D animation projects including but not limited to graphics, text, sound, movement, interactivity.
- Understand Flash web usability issues
- Troubleshoot errors for optimum performance
- Build website components with confidence and skill.
At this point, we'll be an assignment/task-based class only - only one quiz.
In most cases I'll chat and demo stuff at the beginning of class, set up assignment goals, and see if we can tuck in at least a few minutes per class for working/questions.
I'll make sure we all have the basics and are on the same page as we go. I will also will spend a little time in setting up each assignment, with
- The objectives
- Tips and tricks
- How the assignment fits in the real world, and
- How to approach it
- Attendance mandatory - miss 2 classes, you need to change priorities/class fast.
- Assignment deadlines mandatory - no matter what. Email with specific issue and gameplan 1+ day in advance if needed.
- Take the needed time to do the requested/recommended tasks between classes. Don't assume you'll get 100% info, expertise, or work done just in classes.
- Get help, advising, counseling, tutoring, and/or classmate work groups early.
- Have classes and lab fees paid up by end of 2nd week of the quarter. You are responsible for staying on top of financial aid, worker retraining, etc.