Assignment #1: Student Assignment Links Portal
I’ll be grading your XHTML 1.0 work based on what you publish on
your Edison webhost server space over the quarter. This assignment will be the “portal” that
lists all your assignment links so I can click on each link to see your assignments
throughout the quarter.
Create one (1) web page with links to all your assignments, some content,
and at least one image in it. Based on Chapters 4, 9, 10, 11, 12. DUE -
Thursday, July 5. 30 points.
- Create a new blank file called index.html and save it inside your web110 folder.
- Code a full head section with XHTML1.0 doctype, our basic meta info, and
- Include a banner area with identifying info – our class, your name, page title.
- Include a clear navigation section near the top with listed assignment links.
- Include a basic content segment with:
- A clear photo of you
- A brief introduction text about you, your school plans, your interest in web design, etc.
- A list of 3-5 favorite website links.
- Add another image or two, like of pets, fave places, your bike, etc.
- Include a basic footer with copyright information and links to a disclaimer and a contact form ( both to be created later.)
- W3C Validate the page if you can but NOT required. :0)
- FTP the page to your remote Edison server space: web110 folder as index.html
- Make your links and content easy to see and read through!
- NO capital letters in your code's tags.
- NO capital letters or spaces in your file names, image names, or directory
- All images for this portal page should be saved in web110/images
- Start with the basic template page we created in class for at least your metatags, commenting, etc.
- COPY this completed index.html file, name it index_bu.html,
and also save it into your web110 folder.
Does your work include ALL the assignment requirements?
Have you uploaded your assignment and all related images to your remote server space so I can grade it?
Have you tested that your assignment appears live on the Internet the way you want me to grade it?
Have you emailed me before the due date if you had serious problems completing the assignment?