MIC ASSIGN #9: PowerPoint Basics
I’ll be grading your work based on what you upload to the MIC ASSIGN 9
section of the CANVAS tool. Name the file exactly like I require
or you will lose points. DO NOT email your assignment to me -
I will ignore it and you will get a ZERO.
This assignment will focus on some styling and on Inserts - images, charts,
Format eight (8) Slides in PowerPoint 2013 using the text I provide in
Text link. Format the Slide to look like the Required
below. Upload to CANVAS before 11:59pm, Thursday,
March 12. 25 points.
Download the Original
and save it as a new file called assign09firstinitiallastname.pptx in
your USB Flash drive's MIC104t/MIC ASSIGNs folder. Example: assign09lbothell.pptx.
Open the link for the Required
Outcome so you can see the specific format I want you to accomplish. Use
to guide you in doing the following tasks:
- The file will start with eight standard Slides of different layout types
- do NOT change the layouts. Type your OWN name on
Slide 1 like in the Required
- Select all the slides, and choose the CANDERA Fonts theme.
- Select all the slides, and add the Style 5 background.
- With all the slides still selected, format the Style 5 background by changing the preset background
to Parchment - using Variant/Background Styles / Format Background and choosing the Parhment Texture.
- Apply bolding to the title on Slide 1.
- Apply a dark rust brown color to your own name on Slide 1.
- Modify Slide 2 to look like the Required
Outcome. The first line is approximately a dark rust brown and bold. The second line is
36pt and italicized.
- Change the headings on the following Slides to approximately a bold dark olive green.
- Remove the bullets on Slide 3. ALSO remove the
right-hand Placeholder box on Slide 3
- Add a piece of clipart on Slide 3 and resize like the Required
Outcome. The clipart is found by using Insert/Online Pictures, Microsoft
Online limages, and searching for travel,
and then chooing a clip-art like item that you can substitute for the example
I showed in the Required Outcome. Use something with a suitcase.
- Add a text box on Slide 4 and type a question mark in it,
using the font Arial sized at
244 points, and coloring it a very
light orange. Then send this text box to be back and adjust its
placement like you see in the Required
- Remove the first two bullets on Slide 5. Then add a dark brown line under
the first line of text, 4pt thick.
- Find real URLs for the links I list, and turn those
links into active hyperlinks.
I should be able to click them and get to the home Slides of those links.
- Add a down arrow on Slide 6 and move the text box down to
make room. The arrow should be dark rust brown fill, no line color, and should
use a Top Bevel -
choose which one you
- Remove the left-hand text box on Slide 7 so you can place
an image there. Choose an image you find online or at home of somewhere you would
like to travel.
- Add your own Volunteer Vacation choice on Slide 7 and describe why you would like to go there.
- Add a nearly full-size image representing the place you
would like to volunteer on Slide 8.
- Select any slide, and add the Dissolve transition to it. Be sure to choose
Apply to All.
- For 1 extra credit point, add a 3pt black border
around only your Slide 8 image.
- Make sure to view your slideshow to see the transitions work.
- Save your document frequently.
When you are finished, log in to the
CANVAS tool, and in your MIC104t class, click the link for MIC
. At the Upload Slide, upload your file. Verify that the correct file
appears after you finish uploading.
- Use your book as a refresher.
- Save your document frequently.
- Finish and upload by 8:00pm on Thursday evening so you are completely on time!!
Does your work include ALL the assignment requirements?
Have you double-checked that your assignment has all the requirements I listed in this assignment?
Have you uploaded your assignment to the assignment section on the CANVAS tool?
Have you emailed me at least 1 full day before the due date if you had serious problems completing the assignment?