Assignment #3: Inserts
I’ll be grading your work based on what you upload to the Assignment 3
section of the StudioBast
E-Learning tool. Name the file exactly like I require
or you will lose points. DO NOT email your assignment to me -
I will ignore it and you will get a ZERO.
This assignment will focus on some styling and on Inserts - images, charts,
Format eight (8) pages in PowerPoint 2010/2007 using the text I provide in
Text link. Format the page to look like the Required
below. Based on
Chapter 5. DUE Sunday,
October 28. 15 points.
Download the Original
and save it as a new file called assign03firstinitiallastname.pptx in
your USB Flash drive's MIC104t/Assignments folder. Example: assign03lbothell.pptx.
Open the link for the Required
Outcome so you can see the specific format I want you to accomplish. Use
to guide you in doing the following tasks:
- The file will start with eight standard pages of different layout types
- do NOT change the layouts. Type your OWN name on
Page 1 like in the Required
- Select all the slides, and choose the Apex Font theme.
- Select all the slides, and add the Style 5 background.
- Format the Style 5 background by changing the preset background
to Parchment, and Apply to All.
- Apply bolding to the title on Page 1.
- Apply a dark rust brown color to your own name on Page 1.
- Modify Page 2 to look like the Required
Outcome. The first line is dark rust brown and bold. The second line is
36pt and italicized.
- Change the headings on the following pages to a bold dark olive green.
- Remove the bullets on Page 3. ALSO remove the right-hand text box on Page
- Add a piece of clipart on Page 3 and resize like the Required
Outcome. The clipart is found by searching for travel, searching
in my collections and Office collections, And in media type Clip
- Add a text box on Page 4 and type a question mark, Arial
244 point, very
light orange. Then send the text box to be back and adjust its placement like
- Remove the first two bullets on Page 5. Then add a dark brown line under
the first line of text, 4pt thick.
- Find real URLs for the links I list, and turn those
links into active hyperlinks.
I should be able to click them and get to the home pages of those links.
- Add a down arrow on Page 6 and move the text box down to
make room. The arrow should be dark rust brown fill, no line color, and should
use a Top Bevel -
choose which one you
- Remove the left-hand text box on Page 7 so you can place
an image there. Choose an image you find online or at home of somewhere you would
like to travel.
- Add your own Volunteer Vacation choice on Page 7 and describe why you would like to go there.
- Add a nearly full-size image of the place you would like to volunteer on
- Select all slides, and add the Dissolve transition to them.
- For 1 extra credit point, add a 2pt black border around only your Page 8
- Make sure to view your slideshow to see the transitions work.
- Save your document frequently.
When you are finished, log in to the StudioBast
E-Learning tool, and in your MIC104t class, click the link for Assignment
. At the Upload page, upload
your assignment file. Verify that the correct file appears after
you finish uploading.
- Use your book as a refresher.
- Save your document frequently.
- Finish and upload by 8:00pm on Sunday evening so you are completely on time!!
Does your work include ALL the assignment requirements?
Have you double-checked that your assignment has all the requirements I listed in this assignment?
Have you uploaded your assignment to the assignment section on the Studiobast E-Learning Tool?
Have you emailed me at least 1 full day before the due date if you had serious problems completing the assignment?