MICw ASSIGN 1: Basic Formatting
I’ll be grading your work based on what you upload to the CANVAS tool. Name the file exactly
like I require (below) or you will lose points. DO NOT wait until the last hour to try uploading your completed assignment.
This assignment will focus on basic formatting concepts in Word 2013. You
will have a set of formatting tasks, and you can use whatever method, in MS Word
2013, is easiest for you to accomplish them - the keystroke shortcut, or
the Ribbon icon, or the right-clicked context menu, etc. Even if you have a Mac with Word 2011 or an older PCversion, the assignment must be completed in Word 2013 with its' specific upgrades.
Format one (1) page in Word 2013 using the text I provide in the Original
Text link below as a starter. Format and personalize the page to look like
Outcome. DUE Thursday,
October 9. 25 points.
Download the Original Text, and save it as a new file called assign01firstinitiallastname.docx in your USB Flash drive's MIC102w/assignment folder. Example: assign01lbothell.docx.
Open the link for the Required Outcome so you can see the specific format I want you to accomplish. Use this Required
Outcome example to guide you in doing the following tasks:
- Change the document to Moderate Margins
- Change the document to the 8 1/2 x 11 page size
- Change all the text in the document to Times New Roman
- Then, change just the Title text and the Subhead texts to Arial
- Center the Title text, bold it, and change the font size
to 24 point.
- Change the color and size of the each
of the Subhead texts to a color that looks like Teal, and the size 14 point.
- Add the bold, italic, and underlined text effects you see.
- Add the superscript and subscript text
effects you see.
- Increase the indent of the second paragraph of text.
- Use bullets to show an unordered list.
- Find and replace the word "things" with the word "items"
- Run the spell check and make corrections to the 3 actual
misspellings. Ignore the words that are not misspelled.
- Change the "FirstName Last Name" to your
own first name and last
- Change the alignment of your name to right-aligned,
and also change the text to dark gray italic.
- Save your document frequently.
When you are finished, log in to the CANVAS tool, and in your MIC102w class, click the link for MICw ASSIGN 1.
At the Upload page, upload your assignment file. Verify that the correct file appears after you finish uploading.
Does your work include ALL the assignment requirements?
Have you double-checked that your assignment has all the requirements I listed in this assignment?
Have you uploaded your assignment to the assignment section on the CANVAS tool?
Have you emailed me at least 1 full day before the due date if you had serious problems completing the assignment?