Day 2 - January 15
- Turn off all noise-making phones, pagers, etc. (Teacher too!)
Lucky you, you'll get to see me play with more tools and stuff. Seriously, today I'll narrow down to just a few key shape and color production tools:
We'll have a short break about halfway through, then I'll start on an in-class demo project to help give perspective as to the real usefulness of this stuff.
I’m going to demo build a simple poster in Photoshop in class over part of the next 3 classes. This will be so you can see/experience:
- Concept building (what should poster do/accomplish)
- Customer targeting (content, colors, fonts)
- File creation and set-up (size, measurement, color, guides/grids)
- Using Photoshop for layout
- Opening/importing photos
- Photo manipulation, retouching, colorizing, and balancing
- Using basic shapes, colors, strokes, transformations, and warping for some design elements
- Using text for content and titles/splashiness
- Saving the file for export and for web
Let's take a look at my starter concept and play with it.
- Assignment 1 is a Warholesque Photos - Have fun with photo effects, shapes and text for 50 points, by January 20. (35 program use, 15 creativity).