MICe ASSIGN #1: Spreadsheet Formatting
I'll be grading your work based on what you upload to the CANVAS tool. Name the file exactly like I require (below) or you will lose points.
This assignment will focus on basic formatting in spreadsheets, in MS Excel 2013.
Format one (1) 2-page workbook in Excel 2013 using the content I provide in the Original Text link below as a starter. Format and personalize the page to look like the
Required Outcome. DUE Thursday, February 12, by 11:55pm on the CANVAS tool. 25 points.
- Open the Required Outcome in order to see the example of how this assignment is to be revised.
- Download the Original
Text, and save it as a new file called assign01firstinitiallastname.xlsx in your USB Flash drive's SCHOOL/MIC102e. Example: assign01lbothell.xlsx.
- There are 3 worksheets in the Original Text. Delete the third tab, and rename the first
two as shown in the Required
- You may then ignore the budget tab, which will be in the next assignment.
- Add an empty row between Rows 1 and 2.
- Change the background color of the Row 1 cells A - G to the green you see in the Required Outcome.
- Change the font in Row 1 Cell 1 to Impact, White, 36 points.
- Change the empty cells Row 2, Cells A - G to the orange you see.
- Change the header row cells Row 3, Cells A - G to the yellow you see.
- Resize the leaf image to fit nicely in Row 1 like you
see in the Required Outcome.
- Change the Header Row (Row 3) font to 14 points, Bold.
- Change the text in Rows 4 - 23, Cells A - G to 12 points.
- Widen the columns A - G so they are approximately the width you see in the Required Outcome.
- In Row 24, Cell F (F24) type the word TOTAL in all caps, 14pt bold.
- In Row 24, Cell G (G24) use the Autosum to calculate the number of guests for Column G, Rows 4 - 23.
- Format the text in G24 to be 14pt bold.
- Format the Cells F24 and G24 to have a top border of double-lined, light green.
- Sort the Cells A3 - G23 to list the Food Type alphabetically like in the Required Outcome. Select A3 - G23, use DATA Tab/Sort, and sort by Food Type.
- Click Cell F2. Use Conditional Formatting to change the color of the cell to orange if the cell contents contain the word NO.
- Apply the the Formatting from Cell F4 to cells F5-F23.
- Select Cells A1 - 24G, and apply an Outline border to them of a medium gray.
- Format the text in Cell A26 to be medium gray, italics.
- Spell check the spreadsheet.
- Save regularly. Get used to using Control-S to do this.
- Upload to CANVAS tool by the end of Thursday, February 12. At the Upload page, upload your assignment file. Verify that the correct file appears after you finish uploading.
Does your work include ALL the assignment requirements?
Have you double-checked that your assignment has all the requirements I listed in this assignment?
Have you uploaded your assignment before the required due date?
Have you emailed me at least 1 full day before the due date if you had serious problems completing the assignment?