Week 11: December 7-11
Upload DUE Tuesday, December 15, 1:00pm: Assignment 8/Final
Note: The class has decided that the preferred presentation will be Monday, December 14 during regular class, but you are welcome to present Tuesday instead if needed.
Wednesday, December 9
- Cool tutorials and trainings
- Extras - finding brushes, symbols, graphic effects, etc.
- What's next?
- Lab time
Use Your Illustrator Skills!
- Do probono work for nonprofits: VolunteerSolutions, VolunteerMatch, Idealist.org, Serve.gov
- Help your local community center, senior center, or other neighborhood small businesses and social groups who need logos and stuff
- Check out CampusPoint for internships and student/recent grad jobs
- Check out bit work at Odesk, Guru
- Submit art to magazines and blogs: Templates.com,
- Check out competitions: Art Deadlines List, Graphic Competitions, The Art List
- Sell/License stock art: Vandelay Design Blog, Creative Commons, iStockphoto
- Ace the IT Job Interview! by Paula Moreira, Publisher: McGraw-Hill, Edition: Jan. 2008, Format: Paperback, ISBN-10: 0071495789, ISBN-13: 9780071495783. Overall, slanted for IT/tech/programming
- Graphic Artists Guild Handbook, Graphic Artists Guild, Edition: Sept. 2007, Format: Paperback, ISBN-10: 0932102131, ISBN-13: 978-0932102133. Overall, slanted for design, creative, combo
- The Design of Sites, by Douglas K. van Duyne, James A. Landay, and Jason I. Hong, Format: Paperback - Dec 24, 2006, # ISBN-10: 0131345559 # ISBN-13: 978-0131345553.
- Poster, upload due Tuesday, December 15, 1:00pm, Room 3161 - assignment must be uploaded by 1:00pm.
Monday, December 7
- Output basics
- Animation prep
- Lab time
- Native for re-editing
- EPS - flatten and convert text to outlines
- Linked files- only permissable fonts, make sure to transfer linked files to pen drive
- Embedded files - convert to outlines, LiveTrace
- Save for web and services
- png - banner example: AI, PNG, html use
- Exporting to Flash consistently and with all paths, etc.
- Save as .swf file
- Save all layers to SWF frames - gives you symbols and one frame per layer
- Save all file to SWF file - gives symbols and single frame