Introduction to ITC102: Information Computer Concepts class, web browsers, and use of class tools. Hardware, Processing, and Peripherals of computing systems.
FIRST - no worries. If you are not yet signed up for this class, and/or are awaiting financial aid, you can sign into the computers as a guest: just hit Enter at the Open login, then enter again. This should work for the first 2 weeks.
Waitlist: I will not be signing anyone in from the waitlist before Monday, September 29. This is so all registered students can be accounted for in the first three class meetings.
ITC AGREE: Syllabus Agreement (required), due Sunday, October 5
- Class Information
- Context of ITC102 class
- Class Book: Internet Core and Computing IC3 Certification Global Standard 3 Study Guide, ISBN: 13: 978-0071638111. Used,
digital, and or library book okay, disk not required. Looks like the Bookstore is slow to get it so you likely have to order it on your own.
- 24/7 internet access, even dial-up or cell
- Email account.
- 2 gig USB Flash drive,
- Class web site (you are here now!)
- CANVAS tool
- Seattle Central programs access - class, computer lab, library.
- Attendance and performance
- Time management - 2 hours out-of-class time:1 hour of class time
Attendance and performance
What this class does
- Identify the major hardware components of a computer.
- Recognize terms and abbreviations commonly used in the IT field.
- Identify categories of software applications and their typical use in the business and IT field.
- Use printed and electronic resources and the internet to
research topics relevant to the IT field.
- List the basic functions of an operating system.
- Understand and discuss issues and trends in the IT field.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Recognize and appreciate the diversity both in the
classroom and the IT field and community.
- Practice efficient communications and interactions with
each other and supervision (instructor).
- Web Browser Email Basics
This Class' Tools
- Hardware: The computer, keypad, mouse, speakers
- Media: DVD/CD drive, headphones, USB Plash Drive
- Software: Windows 7, MS Office
- Network: College campus, Internet
- Cloud: CANVAS tool, Studiobast Class website
- Find everyone's student login
- Log into system as guest
- Log into system with student info
- Internet Explorer: toolbar, url, tabs, options
- Contacting LJ - add email@example.com to
your email contact list
- SUPER HOT: Get your book ASAP!
- HOT: Get a 1-2 gigabyte USB Flash drive before Wednesday
- Check out your Learning Style to see what class info/method you might need to boost.
- Computer resources for this class
- Visit the Student Computer Lab Room BE3148
- Required ITC AGREE: Syllabus Agreement
Cool Stuff: As a student in the IT Programs you are eligible for all sorts of student discount software:
Seattle Central Computer Lab Room BE3148
- PC open lab with Windows 7, MS Office 2013 and various software for specific programs of study. These are 64 bit machines.
- MAC open lab with OS X Mountain Lion, various graphics software for specific programs of study and MS Office 2011. These are also 64 bit machines.
- Black and white and color laser printing.
- USB jumpdrive connectivity, CD drives.
- Flatbed image scanner (student picture ID required).
- In addition to open labs, the Computer Center also houses ten computer lab classrooms.
Seattle Central Library Room BE2101
- 20 open lab PC Computers where students may work independently with basic level support.
- Windows 7, MS Office 2013 and various software for specific programs of study
- Black and white laser printing.
- Open Library Hours Only.
- 12 laptop computers for check-out by current Seattle Central students, faculty, and staff for wireless access to the Internet (no other software is loaded on these computers).
Other computer locations
- Visit the Student Computer Lab Room BE3148
- Get into our CANVAS tool
- Here's How.
- Check the email you GAVE the school when you registered.
- Look for the CANVAS Course Invitation - inbox or Spam.
- Open the email, and click the invitation link.
- THIS Canvas will be NEW - not Seattle Central - so Register for it and choose your password.
- Log On Info: Your login is your email address, and your password is whatever you choose.
- Get your book ASAP.
- Review class website, especially the Navigation and FAQs.
- Get familiar with the CANVAS tool (grades, assignments, quizzes)
AGREE: Syllabus Agreement, due Sunday, October 5. Required to stay in class.
- Have a FAB and FUN weekend!!